This Directorate has three branches. They are Administrative Branch, Procurement Branch and Budget, Account, Pay & Pension Branch. This Directorate shoulders following major responsibilities:
- Planning and coordination of all administration.
- Legal advice on discipline cases of the services.
- Posting, promotion and appointment of Colonel/equivalent and above of three services.
- Issue of clearance regarding acquisition of land or lease of the Armed Forces land.
- Policy, Plan, control and coordination of Defence Procurement.
- Maintenance of Prime Minister's relief Go-down and collection of funds for it.
- To exercise financial control over defence oriented factories.
- Formulating pay commission for Armed Forces Personnel.
- Compensation of individual and country owned equipment of Bangladesh Contingents deployed in various UN missions/abroad.